[IPk] Humalog activity curves: was insulin sensitivity : pulses or continuous del

In message <email @ redacted>, Michael
<email @ redacted> writes
>The activity curve for Humalog is on the IP links page in the Humalog

That link doesn't work, but going to the site, to the links page, to the
link to the Lilly site does work.
>You can download the PDF file from the Eli Lilly web site.
It isn't a PDF file.
>Just answer the question YES when it asks if you are from the US. If
>you answer no, it stores a cookie that prevents access to the site.
You don't have to lie to get to the page.

>> I don't suppose you could calculate what % is gone by the end of
>> each hour for us, could you?  I work on 20%, 55% 80% 95% 100%.  How
>> near reality is that?
>My daughter has been using 20% per half hour for the first 1 1/2 to 2
>hours, spreading the rest over the remaining 2-3 hours in the curve.
>That seems to work pretty well for her.

To put that in my terms, 40%, 80%, 87%, 94%, 100%.

This shows me that I find H much less peaky than your daughter, although
by the end of the peak and the start of the tail, we're pretty much the

I tried to see if I could calculate what was 'normal' according to
Lilley, from the Lilley graph, but my maths aren't up to it.  The only
way I could do it was to get a piece of graph paper, draw the curve on
it, and count the squares.  Anyone got time on their hands?  Or can
remember the maths to measure those curves and calculate the area under

Not for the first time, I wish I were studying biology and not
archaeology ... at least then I'd get some credit for all this work!

Best wishes to all,

DM 30+, 508 4 months +, perpetual student
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)