RE: [IPk] Re: ketone testing

I was on the pramlintide trial too  (Amylin) unfortunately it's efficacy is
still not proven. The consultant who co-ordibated the trial at Bart's does
not think it will ever br used as it was too expensine and the trials were
inconsistant. I was dissappointed because at the time it would have been the
answer to my problems with control , resistance and weight gain.seeing your
comments just reminded me. However I have just seen that trails are
continuing in Canada and have been on pump users too.It actually states some
and not all Diabetics -type 1 produce but cannot metabolise it . I think
this controversy about ketones is making light of the fact that DKA is a
serious state to be in it is insidious in onset  and can result in coma and
death if left untreated as opposed to ketones produced from prolonged
exercise or n high and protein no carbohydrate diet  which pople can
apparently sustain for long periods ot time with no ill effect (the Atkins
diet)  Carmel