RE: [IPk] Re: ketone testing

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, you wrote:
>yes!, but there must be an upper limit of insulin and food that you can cope

Yes, but it must be pretty high. There are people out there - type Is
as well as type IIs - who use amounts like 700units of insulin a day (and a
relatively normal amount of food).

>Interestingly enough, with diabetics food goes through the stomach faster
>than a non-diabetic exacerbating the problem.

It does? What's the explanation for this?
I presume you mean something like "most diabetics", rather than that that's
the case with ALL diabetics (which clearly isn't the case).