Re: [IPk] ketone testing

>So high bg without ketones means you've over eaten without bolusing - more
>fool you. But high bg with ketones means something major is wrong and you
>should act quickly. Normal bg with ketones - as Nanette described - may
>mean you've not eaten much for a few days which is quite normal when you've
>got flu.

But you'd know this without having to test for ketones anyway, wouldn't you?
I mean, if you had a high BG and might have misjudged your bolus by  a long
shot, you'd know.
And ketones do take a certain amount of time to develop. If you'd had high
BG for some hours, you'd know anyway and would assume the same action plan
as for having ketones, whether you had them or not.