[IPk] Re: pumps and children

I know a GP who works locally and has a 12 year old daughter diagnosed with
IDDM a year ago. Her control is erratic despite being very well motivated
and interest in a pump has been expressed by her mother. I suspect the
paediatric diabetologist would be quite dismissive ( none of the paeds to my
knowledge are even on MDI) This women will probably be regarded as
"obsessional" and not letting her daughter lead "a normal life" as it often
seems that these people will do anything to help patients be normal except
allow them the tool to achieve it. But I might be jumping the gun here, they
might actually be very receptive.
Anyway: anyone know of a paediatric diabetologist with pump expertise and
their whereabouts?