Re: [IPk] Re: frequency of testing in general

>Yes this is shocking but not a GP but a consultant caring for diabetic
>women in pregnancy. I was in a very difficult situation as such I am not a
>DSN and therefore not !qualified' to advise women on their diabetic care
>only on midwifery and pregnancy matters. I am now piloting a project so
>that the mothers can contact me and so I do not work with the physician any
>more.I;m sure this is not the only unit where this occurs. I did read
>somewhere that to say that a unit could care for type 1 diabetic women in
>pregnancy they should look after 10 per year but we only looked after 5 or
>6 at the most. There were more gestational diabetic women or those with
>impaired GTTs.
  As another interesting  thought, I was told when given the information
that I would get funding for my pump was that I test at least 4-6 times
daily!! John states that people do not use the information to alter their
dosage- funnily enough I was told a couple of years ago that I altered my
dose too frquently and given a strict insulin regime to follow my HBA1C went
up to 11 need I say more.?!?