From: "Abigail King" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 7:10 PM
Subject: Re: [IPk] Consultation report as promised

:
: ----- Original Message -----
: From: Barry Squire <email @ redacted>
: To: <email @ redacted>
: Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 3:39 PM
: Subject: [IPk] Consultation report as promised
:
: > Hi Elizabeth, Di, Franco & Julette,
: >
: > Thank you for your e-mails that are either directly or indirectly in
: > response to my own mail the other evening
: > i.e.
: > >I have an appointment with my local Consultant tomorrow, he does not
: really
: > approve of pump therapy for diabetics. I will let you know how I get
on.<
: >
: > The appointment yesterday was just a normal regular check up and
although
: I
: > had only been on the pump for 11 days, it was decided to leave it in
place
: > as any  early or teething problems could be sorted out.
: >
: > Well, I am pleased to tell you that I have been given permission to
carry
: > on. However, It was quite obvious to my wife & myself that the
consultant
: is
: > not pleased that the pump appears to be working well for me. His
interest
: > was rather half hearted ,
: >
: > Barry.
:
:
: Barry,
: why does your consultant think you should not remain on the pump if you
and
: your diabetes are better on it?
: What kind of perverse incentive does he have for not encouraging you to go
: for the best option for your health?
: Could you not be referred elsewhere?
: I'm a medical professional myself, training to be a GP and I find the
narrow
: mindedness and ignorance of some others disturbing almost to the point of
: criminal negligence
:
: Abigail
: