Re: [IPk] Consultation report as promised

----- Original Message -----
From: Barry Squire <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 3:39 PM
Subject: [IPk] Consultation report as promised

> Hi Elizabeth, Di, Franco & Julette,
>
> Thank you for your e-mails that are either directly or indirectly in
> response to my own mail the other evening
> i.e.
> >I have an appointment with my local Consultant tomorrow, he does not
really
> approve of pump therapy for diabetics. I will let you know how I get on.<
>
> The appointment yesterday was just a normal regular check up and although
> had only been on the pump for 11 days, it was decided to leave it in place
> as any  early or teething problems could be sorted out.
>
> Well, I am pleased to tell you that I have been given permission to carry
> on. However, It was quite obvious to my wife & myself that the consultant
is
> not pleased that the pump appears to be working well for me. His interest
> was rather half hearted ,
>
> Barry.

Barry,
why does your consultant think you should not remain on the pump if you and
your diabetes are better on it?
What kind of perverse incentive does he have for not encouraging you to go
for the best option for your health?
Could you not be referred elsewhere?
I'm a medical professional myself, training to be a GP and I find the narrow
mindedness and ignorance of some others disturbing almost to the point of
criminal negligence

Abigail