[IPk] Re:

> *	Can you sunbathe with a pump on?  (Not generally an issue in
> Aberdeen but still a concern!)

Interesting question. Right after my daughter's dx, before we knew
pumps existed, we were camping by the American River and the fella in
the next campsite had the most unusual rectangular sunburned spot on
his belly. A couple of days later my younger daughter (non-diabetic)
returned from play and told me the fella next to us was a diabetic
like Lily -- to make a long story short, I chatted with him and he
told us about the pump. Turns out he had gotten tan with his pump on
and then when he removed that site and the Tegaderm patch, he got a
bad sunburn where the patch had been as he forgot to put on
sunscreen. Kind of a funny story, but that is how we learned about
the pump and what led to my daughter getting one a few months later.