[IPk] Consultation report as promised

Hi Elizabeth, Di, Franco & Julette,

Thank you for your e-mails that are either directly or indirectly in
response to my own mail the other evening
>I have an appointment with my local Consultant tomorrow, he does not really
approve of pump therapy for diabetics. I will let you know how I get on.<

The appointment yesterday was just a normal regular check up and although I
had only been on the pump for 11 days, it was decided to leave it in place
as any  early or teething problems could be sorted out.

Well, I am pleased to tell you that I have been given permission to carry
on. However, It was quite obvious to my wife & myself that the consultant is
not pleased that the pump appears to be working well for me. His interest
was rather half hearted and he said he did not think that I would remain on
the pump long term. He was sure that I would return to a pen regime and just
use the pump now and again for a break. I do not like falling out with other
people and I do not easily get upset, but if someone really does upset me
then I will voice my feelings very clearly & loudly if necessary. Yvonne was
rather cross about the attitude but neither of us chose to say anything at
the time.

I think that Franco has the answer, thank you for that Franco and thank you
Julette for your information, as you say the Forum is a good start. Let's
hope that it moves forward quickly.

What is wrong with this kind of response is that it can deny people a much
better standard of life, I don't need to tell you because you already know.
After 4 days I suddenly felt so much better, I have been quite poorly for
the past few years (once again), I have been dragging myself around,
becoming bent over, loosing my balance and feeling giddy at times. Suddenly
I felt more upright and alive again, it was quite a surprise and a strange
feeling at first. It was 2 days later that I suddenly realized  my balance
was also much improved. So unless something goes erratically wrong, there is
not much chance of me going back to a pen regime.

Thank you all once again for taking an interest, by the way, I forgot to
give my age the other day, I will be 64 on 1st November.

Best wishes to you all,