RE: [IPk] <no subject>

You'll all be pleased to know....
The first meeting of a new forum for health professionals was held last
Friday. PUMPs (Pump management Professionals) is designed to be a health
professionals forum who's goal is 3-fold.
1. to make sure health professionals have access to accurate information
on pump therapy,
2. (Starting mainly in diabetes centres) to give Health professionals
the skills to manage new and old-hand (or young if you feel it) patients
who are either thinking of, or having been using pumps to control their
diabetes. The forum will be a regular meeting group for healthy
professionals with queries in managing special cases (eg: cystic
fibrosis on pump therapy...) whilst gathering information based on real
patient cases (rather than the dissemination of 1980's major case
failures), and
3. To lobby support of health and funding bodies for pumps and

Quite a few health professionals were interested in still being a part
of the forum but could not leave their clinic to attend the first
meeting but at over 60 people attended the first meeting.

I think we are well on the way to improving access and quality of life
for those who need and would use pump therapy as part of their diabetes

Hope you all agree (despite it taking a while...)
Jules :)
Julette Kentish
Diabetes Research Dietitian
Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Castle Lane East - Bournemouth DORSET BH7 7DW
ph: 01202 704929
email @ redacted