Re: [IPk] New member yet not so new.

Hi Barry
Thanks for coming out of the woodwork and telling us about yourself.
I'm glad that you've managed to get yourself sorted with a pump.
I'd be interested to know how you are getting on with it, in view of your
visual impairment.
 I am partially sighted due to retinopathy (1/60 vision
in both  eyes) and have been using a Minimed 506 for the last 18 months,
though I'm hoping to get an upgrade to the 508 so I can use the audio bolus
feature. Latest news on that is that I saw my diabetes consultant
yesterday, and he wrote a letter then and there to the head of the LHA (who
had previously said they would only fund an upgrade if I had a good reason).
My consultant agreed with me that not being able to read the display was a
pretty good reason!
Anyway, apart from that, the only problems I have with the pump, with
repsect to my sight, is not being able to identify air bubbles in the
reservoir or tubing, which occasionally has resulted in some high BGs. I do
my best to prevent them occurring in the first place, but I'm not always