[IPk] Infection from pump site

Hi everyone.

I have just come out of hospital after what they called "Life
threatening Septicemia" from an  site infection from the pump..

I woke up during one night three weeks ago and my tummy was sore and a
bit red, I replaced my line to the other side and it all settled down
that night.
Until the next morning, when  I could hardly move because of the pain. I
was admitted to hospital with "Celluiltis" and given IV antibiotics for
four days and sent home.
Three days later the red lump was back twice the size and very painful.
They started me on IVs again and did a Scan that showed no Pus was

Three days later as a inpatient " I don't remember much" about this  as
I went into SHOCK and was rushed to ICU and then theatre for a operation
. I had a huge abscess in my tummy and they told my husband that I was
very very sick and may not live.

All from a pump!!!!

Well I am home now " pump" and all. The doctors didnt want me to have
the pump again but I really want to give it another go.

Has anyone else had this problem like me ?

from Sharron

email @ redacted

Please Check out my Web Page at

Have a nice day!