RE: [IPk] Continuous glucose sensor

>Thanks for letting us know; I tried looking at the Minimed site but couldn't
>access the product list. If you have any information that can be sent as an
>attachment, I would certainly be interested.
>You mention that some hospitals have purchased the devices; I saw one in
>Harrogate but would like to know if St Albans (UK not St Albans USA) City
>hospital  or one in the local area (East Herts) has a machine I can borrow?

Philip -

We hoping to put a page about MiniMed's Continuous Glucose Monitor up on
the Insulin Pumpers UK website ( http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk ). The
only problem is that up to now I have been unable to find anyone in the UK
who has used one and is willing to write about their experiences first
hand. If anyone would like to volunteer, please contact me.

You can get the facts at http://www.minimed.com/files/cgms_web.htm . Also,
an American, Mary Jean Renstrom, wrote a page about it for the US Insulin
Pumpers website at http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/howto/maryjeansday.shtml
(the units are in mg/dL, so divide by 20 to get UK units)

What I'm more interested in are people's experiences of using it, and
whether they found the information gained of any value - rather than just
being "interesting".

mailto:email @ redacted