From: Morag McLaren [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 4:34 PM
To: IP- UK
Subject: [IPk] Continuous glucose sensor

Hello Philip and Di ,
The Minimed sensor is now available in the UK [ as of June 1st ]

Several hospitals have purchased them and several others are in the testing
phase now .

I recommend that you discuss this with your medical team and we will be
happy to send literature , info out to you and your clinics  .

The sensor is useful for identifying overnight glucose patterns and then
allowing you to make an informed decision as to the basal rates needed
overnight and throughout the day .

It also gives you an idea of what really happens after meal boluses , during
and after exercise , alcohol , stress , menses etc .

The sensor also provides useful information if you are using injection
therapy , allowing you to visualise the times of night and day when you need
more or less insulin .

Please let me know if you would like any more information .

Best wishes
Morag
Minimed