[IPk] Continuous glucose sensor

Hello Philip and Di ,
The Minimed sensor is now available in the UK [ as of June 1st ]

Several hospitals have purchased them and several others are in the testing phase now .

I recommend that you discuss this with your medical team and we will be happy to send literature , info out to you and your clinics  .

The sensor is useful for identifying overnight glucose patterns and then allowing you to make an informed decision as to the basal rates needed overnight and throughout the day .

It also gives you an idea of what really happens after meal boluses , during and after exercise , alcohol , stress , menses etc .

The sensor also provides useful information if you are using injection therapy , allowing you to visualise the times of night and day when you need more or less insulin .

Please let me know if you would like any more information .

Best wishes