Re: [IPk] Re: Animas pump

>You can have an additional 90 percent increment, but you can only decrease
>it by 50 percent. Now that is weird!

>I don't really understand these 'basal rates by percentage'.  To be fair,
>I've never used a pump that uses this method, but it seems very fiddly to

I don't like them either, but I guess you get used to it.

The advantage I see with the Animas model would be that you could say,
>increase your .3/hr basal to .45/hr - although the way di phrased it, it
>sounds like you can only increase by 90%.  Is that right, or am I missing
Sorry, what I meant was UP TO 90% (in increments of 10%) and DOWN TO 50%
(in increments of 10%).
up to 90% is not too bad, but why can you onyl decrease by a maximum of
At 9am I have a basal of 1.3. If I'm going to exercise then, I might want
to reduce it down to 0.3. But the most I coudl reduce it would be to 0.65.
And I don't think you can use the 0.05 increment for a
temporary basal, only for a permanent one, which is again weird.

seems particularly strange to me, if it's true.  When >4.30pm comes and I'm
still at work, I definitely want to increase my .3 to >.6.  Granted, a 90%
increase brings it up to .57, and where's the >difference in that.  But if
you're on 1/hr, say, and you want 2/hr, there >_is_ a significant
difference in that .1 unit. > >Oh dear, I seem to be muttering.

Anyway, I
think the menu interface is a >good idea, but I _definitely_ don't need
snap-on colour co-ordinated >covers.

I don't either normally, but if they had a fuchsia pink one I could
co-ordinate it with my dance outfit and it would solve the problem of how
to hide my pump in a dance competition :-)