[IPk] Pump Costs

John H and John N ,
The cost of the Minimed pump can be clearly specified .

Following the expiration of the guarantee[ 2 or 4 years ] the pump can be
sent back
to Minimed at anytime for repair .

There is a fixed charge of 325  and the pump will be returned with an
additional 6 mth. guarantee .

During the repair process the pump also goes back through Quality Control
before being returned to its owner so that regardless of the pump's age you
are reassured that its performance is accurate and reliable .
Minimed and AMT will loan you a pump free of charge whilst your pump is
being repaired .

We have pumps which are still inuse after more than 10 years and perform
reliably .

Additionally the 507 and new model 507C have a self test function.
During a 30 second test which the user can simply perform at home the pump
will check all functions and confirm that the pump is working correctly .

In reality we find that most pump users or hospitals like to buy a new pump
every 7-8 years so that they can benefit from the new features , but given
the current sophistication of the pumps it is hard to imagine that there can
be many major advances in the near future .

Please feel free to call me or AMT if you have any questions or would like
more information on this subject .

Best wishes
[01372-278945 ]
[AMT : 01223-420415 ]