RE: [IPk] BDA Oxford conference

Unfortunately people with diabetes can't lead normal lives - and you are
right we keep telling patients 'control your diabetes rather than let it
control you' This to a certain degree is rubbish. Everything you do is
influenced by your injections, blood testing and what you eat. So much
for the idea of freedom from diabetes.... But to try and have a positive
approach to food and eating is still relatively important. The idea
behind...you can eat whatever you like - has been replaced by  - as long
as you calculate your carbohydrate and insulin accurately. Simon do you
feel you are calculating carbohydrate conent and altering your insulin
but with no benefit? Are you type 1? On a pump or injections? Changing
your sites regularly? A few different avenues can be looked at before
saying no matter what i do I can't predict my levels... I have a patient
who finds great difficulty with this but he is producing residual
insulin and at 75 has a bit of a problem ... his carbohydrate needs some
work. That enough for now... any more information or you want another
dietitian to add their 2 p's worth - just sing out :)