Re: [IPk] How long?

>I'm wondering how long it normally takes to get established and confident,
>how long would I need to plan to go home for?

Paul -

Depends on how comfortable you are with the gadgets, and to what extent you
are a natural troubleshooter/logical thinker. Most of the training involves
teaching you how to anticipate problems and solve them before they become

I would guess a few days to get the hang of it all, a few weeks to settle
in and sort out the finer points, and then 6 months to become an old pro...
Most "support" can be over the phone, so I guess a few weeks in Britain
would be ample.

But that's just my opinion. And I've only been through it once :-)

>Also, comments on which pump is populer with UK users and why.

Arrange to handle both pumps before you decide. How are you financing
things? The Disetronic pump is programmed to only run for 4 years. After
this you must start all over again and buy a new one. The logic is that it
prevents you using old equipment. They also provide you with 2 pumps (2
years per pump) so you have a backup pump ready in case of need.

On the other hand, the Minimed pump runs indefinitely, which concerns some
people since you could be running around with a 20 year old pump with a
smashed up case and worn out buttons...

mailto:email @ redacted