Re: [IPk] BDA Oxford conference

I'm intrigued by the correspondence on this carbohydrate counting idea which
I also think is a highly misleading thesis - part of the "diabetics can lead
normal lives" myth. it reminds me of the 1970s when I was first diagnosed.
The reality for me is that there are too many variables in my condition to
pass up the chance of fixing within reasonably close tolerances one
parameter over which I can exercise easy control - what I eat and when.
There is for me no fixed equation between insulin and carbohydrate,
something I have learned to my cost during a number of years of multiple
injection regimes, when I was living under the illusion that because I felt
OK and the tests were OK (with plenty of hypos to keep the HBA1C down)
everything was all right.

I would say beware of these easy solutions and check them out thoroughly for
consistency before you put your faith in them.