RE: [IPk] How long?

I think most of the pumps are reasonably the same. If depends on how
much you know about carbohydrate and the local food where you live - are
you in contact with a dietitian there in terms of being able to acess
information on carbohydrate content of local food. I assume you can get
the basics but often the carb content varies - so it will be important
that you are able to regularly check your BGLs. I am at the moment
planning on 2 or so education sessions but it takes a lot of work that
you do at home yourself. You could in theory do it in a short time with
lots of follow up at home mainly becuase you will need to adjust your
insulin sensitivity etc. and work out carbohydrate : insulin
requirements - mainly based on 15g carbohydrate (slightly larger
quantity than the 10g lines some people got educated on originally.
There are some foods which are surprisingly higher than you expect,
plate of pasta 100g, rice 110g and baked potato (largeserve) 115g, about
5 inches of baguette 70g. There is huge variation in foods. Ask your
dietitian for a list - if you have trouble then let me know - i'll see
what i can do. If you end up coming to Bournemouth - I'll see you then.
Good Luck, julette