Re: [IPk] Minimed 508 Syringes

email @ redacted writes:

> why should Minimed bother making 2 different syringes when one syringe
> works
> both ways?
> What would be the benefit (for you) of a 1.5ml syringe???
> I've used the short fill method for about 5 years now and have never thought
> of it as a problem. in fact it never even occurred to me that I'd want a
> 1.5ml
> syringe!

OK, I will explain the whole story then shall I?  In fact, not all of it, but
basically my child is the most important person here as she is the one who is
wearing the pump for a start! We have had problems with set changes and
 infusion sets and have now found one that she is very comfortable with but it
not a Minimed one.  It is a Disetronic one and we are not the only ones who
choose a different company to supply our consumables.  However, the Disetronic
Rapid does connect to our syringe and is compatible with the 508 but I was
 bothered that the pump was not closing properly at one end and then someone
 that it worked with the 1.5 ml syringe which I then went on to look for but
not find, so just thought I would ask a simple question.  Did not expect such
a reaction, but there you go.

Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002 (and fancies a different set)