Re: [IPk] Tegaderm & Opsite?

Hi Denise,

Why do you put tegaderm on his hands?  It may be that opsite, micropore
tape, or something else would be just as good.

His skin most certainly shouldn't be irritated by the tegaderm.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, stumped to think why one would put on tegaderm other
than to promote healing or provide a barrier ....)

>Thanks for the answers,
>When Ryan has his annual check at clinic, we put emla on the back of his
> hands and then cover it with tegaderm (I didn't know that was what it was
>and had some in my cupboard ) when it comes off ready to have blood taken his
>skin is red and irritated by the tegaderm....Is this supposed to happen??? He
>doesn't like it either, nor does he like plasters.
>By the way we had our meeting and we've gone for minimed after and very long
 >meeting with (hopefully) everything taken into account. So we are just waiting
>for timescale now. We could see advantages with both companies but went for
>the one that had most advantages to Ryan .
>Denise mum to Ryan age 7 dxd @ 9 months lantus and novorapid ATM

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)