Re: [IPk] Minimed 508 Syringes

Hi Barbara,

I'm a bit confused by this.  The pump has a 3ml syringe, which you can
either partially fill (with whatever amount you like) and then use a
clip, or you can fully fill it, and not use the clip.

The difference (if that's what you are asking) is that fully filled, the
syringe end sticks out of the pump by a few mm, and partially filled,
with the clip, more of the syringe is inside the pump.

Hope that helps,

(fills syringe with 1.2ml, after priming and so on, have about .87ml
left to play with - that lasts two and a half days).
>Hello all
>Does anybody know if Minimed do a 1.5 ml syringe for the 508 pump?  It's just
>that we have the 3 ml syringe inside the pump with a clip device that allows
>the syringe to take the 1.5 ml dosage in the syringe.  I wonder if anyone
> knows why we have the 3 ml syringe with a device that allows us to fill it to
>ml?  Surely there must be a 1.5 ml syringe.
>Mum to Danielle, pumping since Nov 2002 but still trying new measures

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)