Re: [IPk] Opinions/Experience with Infusion Sets

Hi Barbara,

I found tegaderm quite easy to come by (Boots sell it), and looked
around for ages before I found opsite (in a Lloyds chemist, while I was
looking for melanin).

I have two lots left (have used 3), and am going to save those until I
have a flare up, as the results were inconclusive so far (3 opsite sites
- all good, 3 non-opsite sites, 1 mildly irritated, 2 good).

I understand that if they are needed, the hospital can tell the GP to
add them to the prescription.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508+)
>In a message dated 28/10/2003 18:28:49 GMT Standard Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>> I will ask the hospital if I can try Rapids to see  if they irritate my
>> skin less.  They sound quite different to Quicksets.
>> I have tried tegaderm, which didn't seem to make a difference, and now
>> I'm experimenting with opsite, using the patch on the right side of my
>> body and not on the left.  It does seem to be a bit better, but I
>> haven't had a major flare up since I tried.
>Hiya Pat
>Where do you get your Tegaderm from?  I just wondered if it is available on
>prescription or not.  Also, I wonder if the people who are having their
>consumables funded, actually get Tegaderm or Opsite funded too?
>Mum to Danielle, pumping and trying out new sets etc

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)