Re: [IPk] Can't lower bgs - chest infection/steroids again.

Hello Rhoda

I was on steroids for the last few weeks for chest problems and all I can say
is that I just had to keep testing my blood and giving extra Novorapid.  One
thing I can recommend is when you get up in the morning and you are sky high,
whisk a few eggs and milk and microwave them into nice fluffy scramled egg,
 eat it sprinkled with a bit of cheese and grilled tomatoes and you have a no or
low carb breakfast.  You then just need to do a correction for your high bg

Just keep checking your blood, work out that the insulin you had previously
 is gone by 2 1/2 to 3 hours and do some more to bring it down. I couldn't keep
up with mine when I was on my steroids.  Apparently it stops your insulin
doing its job of moving the sugar out of your blood so you need to take a lot
more to allow it to work a bit.

Mum to Danielle, pumping
D myself for 30 years (Lantus)