Re: [IPk] Can't lower bgs - chest infection/steroids again.

>My usual chest infection/asthma flare-up has reoccurred and since last
>Friday I've been taking oral steroids 40mg for 5 days and antibiotics
>250mg x 4.

Rhoda - I'm no expert, but I do remember when I was in hospital Sep 2002,
drugged up to the eyeballs as they tried to save my life, it was observed
that my BGs were very high, and we were told that even in people without
diabetes, the drugs I was on could make BGs go very high. Possibly I was on
steroids - I forget. So I was told not to worry, and that I would be off
the drugs soon. Don't know if that applies to you at all... Anyhow, good
luck with the consultation tomorrow.

mailto:email @ redacted