Re: [IPk] Opinions/Experience with Infusion Sets

Hi Barbara,

I will ask the hospital if I can try Rapids to see  if they irritate my
skin less.  They sound quite different to Quicksets.

I have tried tegaderm, which didn't seem to make a difference, and now
I'm experimenting with opsite, using the patch on the right side of my
body and not on the left.  It does seem to be a bit better, but I
haven't had a major flare up since I tried.

Best wishes,

>The Disetronic ones are called Rapids and the needle is very fine and
>sharper, but the needle actually stays in the skin, which to me made me feel
> squeamish but Danielle says it has been the best one so far for her. There
>isn't a
 >need to twist the needle to pierce the skin because it is very sharp I think.
>Then there is a little tab which you hold while you are inserting the needle
>but this slides off at the end so that the patch is almost flat.
>I haven't tried to Soft Sets yet from Medtronic but I might consider them.
>Can they be inserted manually and do they come in 6 mm?
>Do you use the Tegaderm or the Opsite?  I have never tried it before but I
>have heard of it.  I might give that a go too.
>Thanks for the advice
>Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002 (just trying some new sets)

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)