Re: [IPk] Flu Jab

Hi Barbara

Are you thinking of SARS perhaps? (There isn't a vaccination against it
yet, unfortunately).

I had my fluvax in April as WHO had warned we Aussies of a huge number of
rather lethal flus on our way. It's the eighth year I've been having fluvax
(the brand name out here), and I didn't have any reaction at all. But I
know that the pharma companies are constantly beefing the vaccination up on
both sides of the world, so we get covered for what you had around 3-6mths
earlier, and you then get covered for what we had 3-6mths earlier etc.

I've never had flu in my life (even prior to having vaccinations) and I
found the first 3 or 4 years I got flu-like reactions for up to a week
(which progressively declined year after year) after the vaccination.

Incidentally, I found an interesting article by the CSIRO (Commonwealth
Science and Industry Research Organisation - basically our Govt-run science
buffs) talking about a potential long term vaccination for any and all
flus, which looks rather promising. The site is at
http://www.csiro.au/promos/ozadvances/Series6FluCure.html for anyone