Re: [IPk] Opinions/Experience with Infusion Sets

email @ redacted writes:

> use Rapids and I know what you mean. What I do is peel off the backing
> paper
> from the sticky disk, then put it back on again in the middle bit of the two
> sides, so I can hold both sides of the disk with my fingers, with the bit
> the
> sticks up in between the two. That way, I can see the needle is under the
> skin
> before I commit to using the adhesive... if you see what I mean.

Hiya Lesley

I know exactly what you mean because somebody else on the list said that they
use the Sof Sets (Soft Sets, SofSets, not sure of spelling) and they have two
wings that you can hold, so your idea is the same.

The thing is, we have the Minimed 508 and the lid on the pump is not grasping
properly but we have had some advice to say that we need to be using the 1.5
ml syringes instead of the 3.0 ml ones.  My daughter really likes (if you can
say that) the Rapids by Disetronic because they are easy and comfortable to
insert so I might continue with them unless I use the Minimed Soft Sets which
already have the wings in position so that you can see the needle.

I put the Rapid into Danielle last night and it was too easy to believe so I
sat there for ages prodding it to make sure the needle had gone in and all the
time, she was watching TV and never flinched.  I think they really suit her
and they are less traumatic for me to insert.

Thanks for your advice.

Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002