Re: [IPk] Opinions/Experience with Infusion Sets

email @ redacted writes:

> That's exactly the problem I had with quick sets - are you saying the
> quicksets from diestronic are subtly different?
> Have you tried medtronics soft sets yet - those have two little wings,
> which you hold back with your fingers when you push the cannula in, so
> there is no problem seeing what's happening.
> Have you tried using tegaderm or opsite under a quickset?  That might
> help if it is a wide patch of allergy, rather than just the insertion
> point.
Hiya Pat

The Disetronic ones are called Rapids and the needle is very fine and
sharper, but the needle actually stays in the skin, which to me made me feel
 squeamish but Danielle says it has been the best one so far for her. There
isn't a
need to twist the needle to pierce the skin because it is very sharp I think.
Then there is a little tab which you hold while you are inserting the needle
but this slides off at the end so that the patch is almost flat.

I haven't tried to Soft Sets yet from Medtronic but I might consider them.
Can they be inserted manually and do they come in 6 mm?

Do you use the Tegaderm or the Opsite?  I have never tried it before but I
have heard of it.  I might give that a go too.

Thanks for the advice

Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002 (just trying some new sets)