Re: [IPk] Opinions/Experience with Infusion Sets

>Does anyone know what I mean when I say that I am not sure if the needle has
 > gone all the way in? The Medtronic Minimed Quick Set gives me the same
>I never know if the cannula has gone in or not because the patch sticks to
>the skin and you can't see it.

Hi Barbara,

That's exactly the problem I had with quick sets - are you saying the
quicksets from diestronic are subtly different?

Have you tried medtronics soft sets yet - those have two little wings,
which you hold back with your fingers when you push the cannula in, so
there is no problem seeing what's happening.

Have you tried using tegaderm or opsite under a quickset?  That might
help if it is a wide patch of allergy, rather than just the insertion

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+)
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)