From: email @ redacted
Date: 25 October 2003 17:03:56
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Hypos at Night

I'm sure that the threshold does vary. I was told by a consultant once that
each of us would eventually fit if we were sufficiently
hypoglycaemic: ( this was someone with an interest in epilepsy not diabetes)
suppose some might convulse at 3.5 ( esp young
children) whereas some might not until 0.6

Jackie: I wonder what level Sascha nocturnal seizure occur. Is it that they
happen when she's not that low. It might be that her
threshold" improves" as she gets older ie she doesn't fit until a lower
so she has a chance to wake up sweating and feeling
dreadful before this happens?
Seizure threshold is lower in children which is why febrile fits ( fits due
increased temperature) are quite common whereas most
of these children do not suffer from fits as they get older and are either
no, or only v. slight increased risk of epilepsy in
> I've never had a seizure. I've been lucid (self-treating) at 1.2. I've
> had two hypos where I've needed someone else to find food for me, where
> I guess I've been lower.
> I guess that the threshold where a seizure takes place could differ
> between individuals.

 [demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type Image/jpeg which had a name of