Re: [IPk] Quickset infusion sets bending

I gave up with using quicksets because of this problem.  Manual
insertion was very difficult: if I simply pushed down on the thing, it
just dented into my skin!  If I wiggled a little as it went in, they
went in - the needles are just not sharp enough/too thick for me.  The
whangers didn't work at all.

I went back to softsets, which go in nicely with the inserter.

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 2+

>In a message dated 24/10/2003 20:55:55 GMT Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>> My son, Alastair (14) has been using a Minimed Paradigm pump for 3 months.
>> We
>> occasionally have problems with the Quickset infusion sets (6mm)which seem
>> bend when inserted causing his BG to go high very quickly. This happened
>> very
>> recently and when we removed the bad set it was almost bent at right angles!
>> What causes this and is there any way of avoiding it happening?
>We use the Quick Sets for our daughter but we insert them slowly and manually
>and have had no problems.
>Mum to Danielle aged 9 and pumping since Nov 2002

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)