Re: [IPk] Hypos at Night

email @ redacted writes:

> Can any of you, who have had diabetes since they were a child, tell me
> whether
> you had, less, or no hypo
> awareness as a child but now wake if you are low?

Hi Jackie,

Yes, this happened to me.  My poor parents often used to find me
 semi-conscious in the morning because I'd slept through the hypo (and still
was), I still
had to go to school though with muzzy post-hypo head!  I can't remember when
things changed, I think some time in my early 20s (I do remember it not really
being a problem when I began work as a junior doc).  In my case this wasn't
related to any change in bg control, it was universally abysmal (urine tests
regularly orange, frequent hypos etc...). This is anecdotal, I hope that Sasha
 will "grow out of it" (or perhaps gain better awareness with improved bgs on
the
pump?).

Best wishes,

Mary