Re: [IPk] Hypos at Night

Hi Jackie

I was dxed at age 4, and never woke up (at least not consciously) with
hypos whilst little. I did however, apparently, start crying uncontrollably
or yelling, which alerted my sister (who was in the next room) to go and
get Mum and Dad, who took it from then. We didn't have BG testing back
then, of course, biut the hypos I recall from that time frame were really
hideously big ones (ie. they needed a day off from school to recover) and I
might have had milder ones with no-one aware.

 From about the age of 13 or 14  I started waking for hypos, and now my
body refuses to let me either a) continue sleeping or b) go to sleep if I
am low. If for some reason i can't get to sleep in 20mins (I usually drop
like a stone), I automatically check BG, and I'm usually a bit on the low side.