Re: [IPk] dying batteries in Minimed pumps (2)

>My batteries in my MM508 had beeped to say they were dying a few days
>ago, but I hadn't got round to changing them. I just checked my BG and
>it had suddenly risen from 7 to 20 in the last 2 hours. Just after that,
>my pump beeped to say the batteries were dead and my pump switched
>itself off. Now i'm wondering if there is any correlation between the
>two. Could thee dying batteries have caused my pump to be not
>functioning properly? The sudden BG rise was very unexpected.

I've no idea, Di! :-) At the slightest sign of battery trouble, I change
mine. But then, mine come free on prescription. In theory, of course, pumps
are infallible. But in practice, when batteries are low, and giving
irregular voltage, anything can happen.

mailto:email @ redacted