Re: [IPk] Re: Hypos

Hi Steve
I am really sorry I hope I did not frighten you.I still have not lost my
hypo awareness and can usually feel one coming on around 3.5 mmols. The hypo
I related was VERY unusual for me. When on MDI I took insulatard and
actrapid. I used really high doses to correct highs with little effect -I
have developed some insulin resistance over the years and very rarely had a
hypo. Since using the pump I require far less insulin and having a chronic
infection has obviously made my control unpredictable, but it is difficult
to break habits of a lifetime and maybe I was overdosing on insulin a bit to
try and maintain a "normal" level. I don't know but when on the pump you
just have one insulin which is why Humalog for most is so good, others fair
better with Novorapid . I love the pump because when I am high I can bring
my BG down so quickly by increasing ny basal  and givimg a bolus either by
pump or syringe.I still have swinging bg's but the pump is the best tyool
ever to try and even them out my Hba1c is 8.2, once it was 7.2 since
pumping. Pre-pump, never below 9.
re Ultra Smart Meter:- I am not a fanatic but like Gadgets, My Old profile
meter let you record premeal averages. over 250 results, I am lazy I never
write anything down and the additional features and graphics  looked very
impressive  when downloaded!
Despite all the horrible things that have happened in the last year, I know
I am very lucky I have made a full recovery from my stroke and it has made
us take stock .
Carmel diagnosed a 3- 45 yrs ago brought up boiling syringes urine etc,
still waiting for the cure I was promised.
Thanks Pat I wish I could remember what I was going to instruct Mr Blair and
Bush. on solving their problems, but it is true there comes a time when you
should stop and not delay things