RE: [IPk] Time Changes with the PumpDead batteries/etc

Second attempt at sending - my first one seems to have disappeared!

** Blush **

Barbara - I don't know what to say.  You're very kind, but two years'
experience and some determined effort does achieve a lot.  I think there are
far more experts around than me!

We've always done what Di suggests with Sam and have had no problems.  His
routine is so varied anyway that an hour's difference either way doesn't
mean a lot.

Di - did you get a "no delivery" alarm before the batteries gave up?  That's
what we got last summer when we had problems with Sam's 508 and batteries
were lasting less than 48 hours.

Finally, we have had some positive news on the funding front today.  After 6
months, 3 letters and 14 phone calls our hospital has almost got a procedure
in place for us to obtain consumables.  For control and audit purposes they
want to order supplies via the hospital pharmacy, and we will have to
collect them from there.  That will mean at least a half hour journey in
each direction, #2.50 in the car park, a 15 - 40 minute wait at the
pharmacy, as well as probably dealing with someone who has no idea of what
we're talking about (I hope I'm wrong on the last point).  This contradicts
what I have been told by the PCT, but it is a start.  We'll see what happens
- we still have nothing in writing.

Best wishes.

Father of Sam, aged 9, dx 7+ years
Pumping 2+ years