Re: [IPk] dying batteries in Minimed pumps

email @ redacted writes:

> My batteries in my MM508 had beeped to say they were dying a few days
> ago, but I hadn't got round to changing them. I just checked my BG and
> it had suddenly risen from 7 to 20 in the last 2 hours. Just after that,
> my pump beeped to say the batteries were dead and my pump switched
> itself off. Now i'm wondering if there is any correlation between the
> two. Could thee dying batteries have caused my pump to be not
> functioning properly? The sudden BG rise was very unexpected.
> Di

Well Di,

What I would do is check that the delivery was achieved and at the time you
did it.  If you check your last delivery and it says is has delivered the
 amount you wanted then I would say that the batteries are not the issue. Your
would bleep to tell you that there was no delivery normally especially if it
was through a lack of insulin in the reservoir so I would imagine it would
have delivered the amount you requested.  I am not sure about the basal rates
though.  Maybe it might malfunction with those and maybe there is no warning.

Mum to Danielle, pumping since Nov 2002