[IPk] dying batteries in Minimed pumps

My batteries in my MM508 had beeped to say they were dying a few days
ago, but I hadn't got round to changing them. I just checked my BG and
it had suddenly risen from 7 to 20 in the last 2 hours. Just after that,
my pump beeped to say the batteries were dead and my pump switched
itself off. Now i'm wondering if there is any correlation between the
two. Could thee dying batteries have caused my pump to be not
functioning properly? The sudden BG rise was very unexpected.