Re: [IPk] Talking of meters

>Well guys, I go back to the very beginning of this, but I may also have some
>insight around Lifescan's plans. My first glucose test was the 'volcano', a
>tablet in a test tube test (urine), which came up at different colours. In my
>case it was always orange, not a great colour for an Irishman ! I got the
>original glucometer in 1979 or so, along with a guillotine of a finger
>pricker. Boy, you just don't know how easy you have it now!

Do we really have it any better? Or are we simply more aware of our
failings, but still unable to do anything about it???

>I download, even though I'm hopeless at carb counting, I forget to dial a
>bolus every so often even though the pump is attached to my ass, and I drink
>too much even though I'm a doctor and should know better (my motto is 'people
>with diabetes have a thirst for life'!). How can I advise people about their
>own diabetes when my last HbA1c was 8.1 !! I test to live, not the other way

Tony - I shocked - shocked!!! - to hear such a confession from a reputable
man of medicine :-) You sound almost as bad as me, and I can only confess a
Cambridge mathematics degree to my name ;-)

mailto:email @ redacted