Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #530

In a message dated 22/10/2003 16:58:25 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> my basal rates are
> reasonably ok however when I bolus for my breakkie my sugar levels go up to
> around
> the 20 level, maybe I am born not to eat breakfast

Hiya Rachel

You are not alone.  My daughter is on the pump and we found that we had to
 double her dose of insulin for breakfast compared to what she has at other
of the day.  I believe this is because the stomach is empty and the
absorption of food is quicker.

Me too, I have to have less carbs for breakfast or more insulin.  I have
 found that other people agree with me on this. Do you bolus before or after
 We have to bolus for Danielle's breakfast a few minutes before she eats it
rather than after she has eaten it.

Hope this helps.

PS:  My daughter and I both have the Lifescan One Touch Ultra and we like it
(5 seconds for the result).

Mum to Danielle, pumping since Nov 2002
D myself for 30 years (lantus regime)