RE: [IPk] Talking of meters

Try Meditronic, yo never know they might have a spare one to loan

good luck

>From: Lesley >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To:
"email @ redacted" >Subject: RE: [IPk] Talking of meters >Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:54:47 +0100 > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by
your tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or more...
just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue
to serve you and the rest >of the diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >Still talking of meters,
but not Lifescan... > > I thought about getting a Glucowatch G2, to fine
tune my basals, especially the >night ones. Given the mixed reviews on
the pumpers website, I wasn't overly >hopeful. I had to ring a number for
more info, and the stuff they sent was a >photocopy of what not to expect
from it! Not even a glossy brochure. My clinic >does not have a CGMS to
loan out, so I asked Disetronic if they had one to loan >- no. So I spoke
to my DSN about Glucowatch, and she suggested I ask if I could >trial it
for a week. The company used to do a month long money back guarantee,
>but this was being abused so they stopped that. Unfortunately, they
wouldn't >even let me try it for a week. They want me to spend 250 quid
plus the ongoing >costs, on something that might be wonderful or might be
completely unsuitable >for me, with no come-back. > >Anybody know where I
can borrow a CGMS? > >Lesley >IDDM 35 years, pumping 1 yr +