RE: [IPk] Talking of meters

Still talking of meters, but not Lifescan...

 I thought about getting a Glucowatch G2, to fine tune my basals, especially the
night ones. Given the mixed reviews on the pumpers website, I wasn't overly
hopeful. I had to ring a number for more info, and the stuff they sent was a
photocopy of what not to expect from it! Not even a glossy brochure. My clinic
does not have a CGMS to loan out, so I asked Disetronic if they had one to loan
- no. So I spoke to my DSN about Glucowatch, and she suggested I ask if I could
trial it for a week. The company used to do a month long money back guarantee,
but this was being abused so they stopped that. Unfortunately, they wouldn't
even let me try it for a week. They want me to spend 250 quid plus the ongoing
costs, on something that might be wonderful or might be completely unsuitable
for me, with no come-back.

Anybody know where I can borrow a CGMS?

IDDM 35 years, pumping 1 yr +