[IPk] Talking of meters

Whilst on the subject of meters, has anyone managed to get hold of the One
Touch Ultra Smart meter? It is at present only available in the US and is
the replacement for the Profile but more updated.you can apparently key in
basal insulin etc .
I was told it would be released here in September but it has now been put
back until January. If anyone has one can you change the values to
mmols'litre as opposed to American values as if this is so I wondered if it
would be worth importing one. I know they use ultrascan strips. I have been
in touch with Lifescan UK but they are not very forthcoming. I do notice
that the US companies seem to offer a lot more choice of meter but I guess
there is more competition.
John, I well remember the good old days of the coloured strips that you
washed off after 60 seconds! When I bought my first meter circa 1978 , the
Ward sister I worked with at the time used to get one of the doctors to
prescribe extra sticks- I think they were called Dextrostix because I used
to have to buy them my next door neighbour was Diabetic too and we used to
order a job lot together at a discount! Such was life
What strange reminiscings!!