RE: [IPk] One Touch Ultra BG Meter

Well with customer service like that I'd be very tempted to tell them to
stick it and change to another meter.  The Accu-Chek Compact is great.  I
had a problem with my "backup" meter.  Phoned them, explained the issue and
the very next day I had a new one in the post.  They sent a jiffy for the
old one, but said I could keep it if I wanted (it wasnt completely broken,
just temperamental).  They also give free batteries for the lifetime of the
meter.

Cheers,

Nick

<snip>
I thought, "Well, let's get another one in this household because my
daughter
and I use different machines and hers is better than mine" but when I rang
the company (Lifescan) I found them very hard to agree to replace the meter
that
Danielle has at school that is playing up at the moment.  I explained that
she has one at school and one at home, she tests up to 8 times per day some
days
and the machine at school is being temperamental.  The lady asked me to get
the machine in front of me and go through a few processes to see if we could
find what was up with it.  Well, we couldn't. I happened to mention that I
use
meter too and I would like to use one of theirs so that we were all on the
same strips.  I thought she would gladly send us 2 machines, but NO. In the
end,
she sent me a reply-paid envelope to return the faulty machine and she sent
me a new machine but she made it clear that there would be NO NEW PEN, NO
NEW
STRIPS, NO BOOKLETS OR ANYTHING, JUST THE ACTUAL LITTLE MACHINE IN A JIFFY
BAG
and that's how it came.  I then said "Well, I do 6 tests a day myself, so I
would like one of your machines" and she made me an offer.  She let me have
it
for #7.50 plus #2.50 postage and I am allowed to pass this on to people I
know
with diabetes. So, ..........
<snip>

PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is confidential
and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended
recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take any
further action in reliance on it and you should delete it and notify the
sender immediately. Email is not a secure method of communication and
Nomura International plc cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy
or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this
email for virus infection, for which Nomura International plc accepts
no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
Nomura International plc. This email is intended for informational
purposes only and is not a solicitation or offer to buy or sell
securities or related financial instruments. Nomura International plc is
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the
London Stock Exchange.