Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #519

Dear Sez,

I am sure you will get lots of replies on this.I have had type 1 for over
35 years and went onto a pump last week.I have had to learn all about
carb counting again,the pump I went for was the Paradigm and this is down
to personnel choice, things you notice on a pump is how long it takes
your body to react to the insulin, my personnel experience so far is
about 1-2hrs, the amount I use now is about half, I can only say that I
sleep better and feel fantastic,it is a big step to go for a pump but I
am in the very early stages but would never go back to 6-8 injections a

good luck with your venture into pump land

>From: sezgin kaya >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #519 >Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 05:33:22 -0700 (PDT) > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible
by your tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or
more... just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can
continue to serve you and the rest >of the diabetes community. Please
visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >Minimed 508
is the one advised to my sister in Turkey >by her doctor. I checked the
Minimed's web-site and >saw all the pros of the use. As far as I can
>understand from the conversations in here, the choice >of pumpers vary
according to the user; i.e. the life >style, appeal etc. It seems to me
that there is no way >to understand whether pumper fits into her style or
>not, unless she tries... > >She is 13 and a bit scared of using it since
her blood >sugar was fluctuating for a year (she is type 1 for 8 >years),
and so she thinks that a constant pump of >insulin would put her into
hypo. > >Has anybody used Minimed 508 and can give me some >feedback
about the ease of use, and the dis/advantages >over using insulin pens? >
>And how can a person control the amount of insulin >pumped? for example
if the blood sugar goes up or >down, how can she get it to normal level
Yahoo!? >The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search