[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #519

Minimed 508 is the one advised to my sister in Turkey
by her doctor. I checked the Minimed's web-site and
saw all the pros of the use. As far as I can
understand from the conversations in here, the choice
of pumpers vary according to the user; i.e. the life
style, appeal etc. It seems to me that there is no way
to understand whether pumper fits into her style or
not, unless she tries...

She is 13 and a bit scared of using it since her blood
sugar was fluctuating for a year (she is type 1 for 8
years), and so she thinks that a constant pump of
insulin would put her into hypo.

Has anybody used Minimed 508 and can give me some
feedback about the ease of use, and the dis/advantages
over using insulin pens?

And how can a person control the amount of insulin
pumped? for example if the blood sugar goes up or
down, how can she get it to normal level asap?

Do you Yahoo!?